Recently a few of our banks have been changing credit cards from one provider to another. For example, BNZ are currently in the process of switching their Mastercard customers to Visa.
If a change is on the cards for you, it means you have to update your card details with everyone you have your credit card set up with as a payment method. Which may include us!
Payment flexibility is a big thing for Powershop, so it’s no surprise that we make it easy to change your card details. You can do it from our website or mobile app.
On our website:
- Log in to your online account then click on the ‘Settings’ tab on the top right.
- Select ‘Payment Methods’ in the left-hand menu.
- Click on ‘Add Credit or Debit Card’. You’ll be taken to a secure area where you can enter your new card details. (Note: we will take a temporary payment of $1 while we verify the new card.)
- Once your new card is added, you can select it as your preferred payment method (if you wish), and delete your old card.
From the mobile app:
- Tap open the top-left menu then select ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Account settings’ then ‘Preferred payment method’ then ‘Add payment method’.
- Follow steps 3-4 above.
Even if your credit card isn’t changing, it’s a good idea to check the payment methods you have set up with us and make sure they are all up to date.
As always, you can find out more about payments and Powershop on our Help site.