Win Back Your Winter Terms & Conditions
Buy specials during winter, piece together the puzzles with the clues you receive, and be in to win back your winter power bills!
There are three prizes available. Each prize is an account credit equivalent to the cost of the winners' power bills for June, July and August (so, those bills that are received by the customer in July, August and September) - up to a maximum of $2,000 in total. This will be paid back to each winner as a credit on their account by 8 October 2021.
The prize is subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
How it works
- When you purchase a special, a clue will appear on that special pack in the Shop.
- Buy all four specials in each month to piece that month's clues together.
- When the last special of the month has disappeared from the Shop, we'll send you a link to an entry form so you can solve the puzzle and enter to Win Back Your Winter.
- You can enter once each for June, July and August.
Eligibility to enter and win
The promotion runs from 1 June 2021 to 31 August 2021 (the Promotional Period).
To enter the promotion, you must:
- be over 18 and a New Zealand resident;
- be a natural person (i.e. not a business or other entity);
- be a Powershop Classic residential customer;
- buy every special in June (for the June entry), and/or July (for the July entry), and/or August (for the August entry)
- use the clues that are revealed upon the purchase of each special to answer the monthly puzzle via the entry form on our website, by the following dates:
- 7 July 2021 (for the June entry)
- 11 August 2021 (for the July entry)
- 9 September 2021 (for the August entry)
How the winner will be selected
One winning entry will be drawn at random on 8 July 2021, 12 August 2021, and 9 September 2021, from qualifying entries. The winners will be notified within five business days by phone or email (using their Powershop contact details).
In the event that we cannot contact the winner within five business days of the prize draw, that winner will forfeit the prize and Powershop will conduct a redraw.
The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
Verifying compliance with these terms
Powershop reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Powershop (and any associated agencies), including any employees, contractors, officers, directors and agents, is not liable to any person for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or any damages, expenses, or costs whatsoever, including without limitation any damage to property or personal injury suffered as a result of or in connection with winning the prize.
Once the prizes have been sent out to the winners, Powershop has no liability for any failure to comply with or delay in complying with its obligations in respect of the prize due to any circumstances beyond Powershop’s reasonable control.
Powershop makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or any other issues that may exist with the prize.
Powershop reserves the right to use the prize winner’s name for publicity purposes without payment and by accepting the prize, the winners agree to this condition.
Powershop may change these terms and conditions in its sole discretion at any time by notice on its Facebook page.
Employees and contractors of Powershop (and its related companies) and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
Powershop reserves the right to amend or cease running this competition at any time by notice on its Facebook page.
Powershop’s decisions in relation to this competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or in association with Facebook or Twitter. You release Facebook and Twitter from any liability or responsibility associated with this competition.