See how much you could save on power. Upload a recent bill and get a free estimate.

See how much you could save on power. Upload a recent bill and get a free estimate.

How to make a complaint

To make a complaint, you can contact us through any of the following:

Chat online with our friendly team between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday . 
Email us at 

Write to us at:
Powershop PO Box 2128
Christchurch 8140 

If you are wanting to contact us as a general enquiry please visit our Contact Us page for our contact options. 

Our complaints process

If we think your complaint is related to lines services, we’ll refer your complaint to your lines company within two working days of receiving it and tell you we have done this (as well as who will be the contact person at the lines company for resolving your complaint). The lines company will then be responsible for managing and resolving your complaint, but we will continue to monitor and facilitate the resolution of your complaint by the lines company.

If we think your complaint is related to our service then from there we’ll contact you directly to work through the issue with you, and continue to update you via email. We’ll monitor your complaint progress regularly to ensure we resolve it with you as soon as possible. We aim to resolve all complaints within 20 working days.

If it takes us longer than 20 working days to resolve your problem, then we’ll contact you to let you know and to give you further options.

If you’re not satisfied

We’re a member of the Energy Complaints Scheme operated by Utilities Disputes Limited, which is a free and independent complaints resolution scheme. If for some reason you are dissatisfied about the resolution of your complaint, or we can’t resolve your complaint or problem within 20 working days, you can take your complaint to:

Utilities Disputes Limited
Freepost 192682
PO Box 5875
Lambton Quay
Wellington 6140

You can also take your complaint to the courts or the Disputes Tribunal.

If your complaint is about our service and we resolve your complaint in your favour (or if the Commissioner of Utilities Disputes Ltd makes a binding decision in your favour) then we are responsible for providing a remedy to you.

Nothing in our complaints process takes away any rights you may have under legislation, or your right to make a claim to a court or disputes tribunal, or your right to complain to Utilities Disputes Ltd at any time.